Benefits of CPSWQ® On Site
Stormwater management, both quality and quantity, are critical parts of almost every project. Federal and State agencies are increasing regulation and enforcement every year. The environmental impact of poor stormwater management is significant and proven, which makes it abundantly clear that all projects should have a professional on the design team and on-site, who understands these subjects and has the ability to address them effectively. Having a qualified professional on your team helps to ensure projects are done correctly, are well documented, meet regulatory requirements, adhere to schedules, and don’t incur penalties.
Certified Professionals in StormWater Quality possess the professional experience and have proven their proficiency on subjects including but not limited to:
- Federal, State, Local regulations
- Permit application requirements for: municipalities, construction activity and industrial activity
- Enforcement and penalties
- Stormwater pollutant categories, their sources and the pollutant removal processes
- Stream environment: classifications, orders, channel profile and patterns, stability and sediment transport
- Watershed hydrology and hydraulics: methods, calculations for peak flow rate and detention storage estimations
- Quantification: pollutant categorizations, methods, and pollutant load calculations
- Stormwater management: BMPs, design techniques
- Municipal and Industrial: CSOs, Phase I and Phase II MS4s, Industrial categories and SIC code, MSGP
- Inspection, Maintenance, and Solids Management: construction and post construction inspections and maintenance, municipal maintenance and solids management
Please note: Module 2 has been removed as it only applies to US courses.
Click here to purchase access to this course.