In acknowledgement and commitment to the advancement of EnviroCert International Inc.’s Purpose and as a part of the organization’s ongoing community outreach efforts, the Board of Directors approved the creation of an ECI Scholarship Program to encourage and facilitate the advancement of careers in the stormwater and environmental industry. For the first time, in 2018, ECI is awarding $5,000 in scholarships to selected candidate(s).
Purpose of Scholarship:
The purpose of the ECI scholarship program is to assist undergraduate students within a designated field of study associated with stormwater quality, erosion and sediment control, environmental, and other fields of study with tuition and educational expenses.
- Applicant must be a declared major at an accredited 4-year college or university.
- Applicant must be a sophomore, junior, or senior (undergraduate only).
- Applicant must have been registered full-time for the 2017 Spring semester and registered for the 2018 Fall semester.
- Applicant must be working towards a career related to the fields of stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, or other environmental related industries (other possible fields of study may include agricultural and civil engineering, soil science, forestry, geology, agronomy, hydrology, environmental science, earth studies or earth science, agricultural science, marine science, and construction technology).
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
The deadline for applications will be October 27, 2018. Scholarship(s) will be awarded to the selected student(s) for the Spring 2019 semester or quarter.
Complete Application Packet Must Include the Following:
- A brief essay (five pages maximum, typed, single spaced, font size 12 point) which constitutes the application, that explains your career goals and why ECI should award you the scholarship.
- Provide one (1) electronic copy (CD, flash drive, email) along with one (1) paper copy of the essay. Email electronic copies to email@example.com.
- Essay must contain applicant name and contact information.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from current or past professors or ECI certified professionals, or other professional licensed individuals.
Application packets should be submitted to:
EnviroCert International, Inc.
ECI SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
3054 Fite Circle, Suite 108
Sacramento, CA 95827